Monday, December 03, 2007

Tuesday, 4th December, 2007

A week and a half since the election and the euphoria still lingers. The unthinkable has occurred, they've gone, they've really gone, the wicked witch is dead and I've cut the "NOT" off my 'NOT HAPPY JOHN" bumper sticker. A journalist writing in The Age said she felt as though she'd met a new man after eleven years of abuse. I haven't felt like this since the Berlin Wall came down.
I still can't believe how quickly and easily Castle Howard collapsed after all those years when it seemed indestructible and impenetrable - one moment it was there, towering grimly over us as we huddled in the coldness of its dark shadow and in an instant all that remained was a pile of broken bricks and mortar, smouldering in the sunshine of a new day.
I know, I know, Kevin could turn out to be worse than Attila the Hun - but nevertheless I'm allowing my smug smile to linger just a little longer ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home