Monday, November 06, 2006

Tuesday, 7th November 2006

Saddam Hussein is to be hanged and our Prime Minister is jubilant, calling the verdict a triumph. How odd - I thought Australia was against the death penalty (of which Peter Ustinov said, "As we don't know what death is, how can we sentence someone to it?") - but apparently it is reserved for those who were once good friends but then had to be turned into enemies because they held large oil reserves which they intended to trade in Euros instead of US Dollars. Naughty naughty.

The English XI has arrived and the excitement mounts. I must admit I felt a bit faint when I saw Flintoff emerging from the airport and I think he may be replacing Sergeant Smith in the lust stakes. Yes, I realise how disloyal I am but Smiffy has been banged up in the nick for a while now so I'm getting little satisfaction from The Bill. Maybe I'll just use Flintoff for the duration of the Ashes Tour by which time Smiffy may have picked up a get out of jail card and I can go back to him. Hark at me, chopping and changing my allegiances - I've got all the makings of a world leader, no worries.

Melbourne Cup today and I'm off out to celebrate by playing Scrabble all day. I've backed Geordieland for no reason.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here I sit at the jolly old 'Platypus Country Visitors Centre' picking up the phone time and time again trying to do the work assigned to me, only to have endless boring message bank voices tell me to leave my details. Where are all these people in this backwater town? What could they be doing? What could be more important than waiting for a call from me? (scrabble sex maybe??) In frustration I decided to take time out to read your blog and all was revelled - Melbourne Cup day of course!! I'd be better going to the pub to get my questions answered I guess. I shall not stoop so low..
To read you is second only to knowing you.
Ditto to your insightful comments on Saddam.
Please don't ever move to Bombala
as I fear your interllect would not be appreciated.
Does this pass as comment?

7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home